- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Mashed Potatoes with Pickled Pink and Green Peppercorns Recipe
|French dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pickled green peppercorns||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pickled pink peppercorns||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Head of lettuce||1 Small|
Calories 220 Calories from Fat 91
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.5 mg
Sodium 619 mg25.8%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.6%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g7.3%
Vitamin A 38.7% Vitamin C 55.9%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, boil potatoes with their skin, in salted water until they are tender.
2. Drain them in a colander and allow they to dry in the steam.
3. When cool enough to handle, but still hot, peel the skin and place in a large bowl.
4. Add the pickled peppers, pickling liquid, salt and pepper to the potatoes.
5. Using a potato masher mash the potato mixture to a smooth consistency.
6. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until chilled.
7. Pluck the lettuce leaves from the head and wash well.
8. Immerse the lettuce in a bowl of ice-chilled water for 30 minutes before serving time.
9. Drain the lettuce from the water and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
10. On a round service platter, make a bed of the lettuce leaves.
11. Using a scoop, spoon potatoes mash on the lettuce.
12. The salad tastes best when served cold.
13. It makes a wonderful accompaniment to roasts and grilled meats.