- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chateau St. Michelle Gewurztraminer paired with Chilled Cucumber and Dill soup Recipe Video
|Cucumbers||2 Medium, peeled|
|Shallots||1 Small, slice|
|Vermouth cooking wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh dill||2 Tablespoon (1 small sprig for garnishing)|
|Tomatoes||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped for garnishing|
Calories 181 Calories from Fat 11
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g2%
Saturated Fat 0.09 g0.46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 421.9 mg17.6%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 30.1% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 14.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel the cucumber skin and dice. Add the diced cucumber into a colander along with salt for all the liquid to drain out. Place the colander to a bowl and leave in the cooler.
2. In a pan, add the shallots along with the vermouth and cook until the vermouth dries off.
3. Add the cucumbers and shallots into a blender along with red wine vinegar and blend well.
4. While blending, drizzle in the buttermilk.
5. Add the black pepper and fresh dill and continue blending.
6. Serve in a wine glass along with a garnish of fresh tomatoes and dill. Pair this with a good wine.