- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Avocado Soup Recipe Video
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, roast|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
|Avocado||1 Medium, peeled and seeded|
|Buttermilk/Creme fraiche||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, chop|
|Key limes||2 Medium|
|Chili flakes||1 Pinch|
|Mexican oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (if required)|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash (for garnish)|
Calories 342 Calories from Fat 224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g19.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 453.7 mg18.9%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.8%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.5%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 7 g13.5%
Vitamin A 65.3% Vitamin C 185.1%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place the red bell pepper on a low fire to caramelize and char well until black on all sides.
2. Place the red bell pepper into a plastic cover and tie a knot. This allows the pepper to steam and helps the skin separate from the char.
3. Dice the roasted red bell pepper.
4. In blender or food processor,add the avocado, buttermilk, soy sauce, ginger, lime juice, chili flakes and Mexican oregano, 1 teaspoon of cilantro and puree well.
5. Add a splash of water if required to thin it out just a little.
6. Garnish with the chopped roasted bell pepper, fresh cilantro, 1 dash of olive oil and a few drops of hot sauce.
7. Serve as an appetizer.