- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilled Avocado Mousse Recipe
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Bay leaf||1 Small|
|Ripe avocado pears||3 Large|
|Lemon juice||4 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Ounce (15 Gram)|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 269
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 7.1 mg
Sodium 35.3 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 14 g55.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 7.7% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Halve the avocados, cover one half with cling film.
3. Remove stones and skin from the remaining halves, sieve or liquidize the flesh.
4. Mix with 3 teaspoons of the lemon juice.
5. Melt the butter, add the flour, cook for 1 minute, strain the milk and gradually add to the flour.
6. Bring to the boil, stirring, and cook for 2 minutes, then cool slightly.
7. Dissolve the gelatine in 3 tablespoons of very hot water.
8. Season the avocado and add to the sauce with the dissolved gelatine.
9. Whisk the egg white until stiff and fold into the mixture.
10. Turn into 6 individual souffle dishes. Put in a cool place to set.
11. Slice the remaining avocado halves, dip into the remaining lemon juice and use to garnish the top of each dish.