- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilies Con Queso Recipe
|Courgette||1 Medium, sliced|
|Safflower oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled|
|Gruyere cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), grated|
|Green bell peppers||2 , cored|
|Red bell pepper||2 , cored|
Calories 412 Calories from Fat 215
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.7%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.9 mg
Sodium 301 mg12.5%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.2%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 172.2% Vitamin C 267.3%
Calcium 74.5% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a medium-size saucepan boil 750 ml of wtaer and blanch the courgette for 1 minute.
2) Drain courgettes in colander and rinse under cold water.
3) Wrap n paper towel and kee in refrigerator until used.
4) Seed and cut the chipotle or jalapeno peppers into thin slices, but be careful as capasicin in the peppers may cause irritation to lips or eyes. So wash hands immediately after cutting.
5) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch into 2 tablespoons water or beer.
6) In the same courgettes saucepan, saute onion and garlic in hot oil over medium heat.
7) Sute until onion is translucent and add jalapeno or chipotle peppers and tomatoes.
8) Stir and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
9) Add beerand boil the mixture then simmer.
10) Gradually add handfuls of cheese and mix until melted.
11) Add cornstarch carefuly while stirring the sauce and let it thickens.
12) In a chafing dish or fondue pot, transfer the sauce and let it be over low heat.
13) On a platter, arrange tostada chips, bell peppers and chilled courgettes.
14) Serve the hot sauce as dipping accompaniment.