- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Cook Chili Recipe Video
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Green pepper||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garilc||2 Tablespoon|
|Sausage meat/Hot sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
|Canned diced tomatoes||29 Ounce|
|Canned chili beans||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Canned black beans||14 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Chicken broth/Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed pepper flakes||2 Pinch|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 67.8 mg
Sodium 976.8 mg40.7%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 39.4%
Calcium 12.9% Iron 28.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, heat oil and saute onions and green pepper until onions are soft.
2. Add in garlic, hamburger meat, sausage meat, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, cover and cook until the meat is brown.
3. Drain the liquid from the meat and return the meat in the same pot.
4. Add in the tomatoes, chili beans, black beans and chicken broth and water and stir well.
5. Add in chili powder, cumin powder and pepper flakes, cover and cook on medium low heat for about 1 ½ hours.
6. Taste and adjust the seasoning and spices; cook for a bit longer to acquire desired thickness.
7. Using a bread knife, cut the bread loaf in half and hollow out the center of both the halves to make bread shells.
8. Ladle the chili, in the bread shells and serve hot immediately.