- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili with No Beans Recipe
|Yellow onion||1 Large|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Top sirloin||3 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Minced garlic||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Mild chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (California)|
|Hot chili powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (New Mexican)|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano||2 Teaspoon, crushed (Preferably Mexican)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beer/Red wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.7 mg
Sodium 702.9 mg29.3%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.7%
Sugars 1.2 g
Protein 43 g85.2%
Vitamin A 96.3% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 19% Iron 45.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Chop onion.
2) In a large heavy saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3) Stir in onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
4) In large bowl mix meat with garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt.
5) In small saucepan boil 2 cups beer or red wine and 2 cups water over medium-high heat.
6) Place one quarter of meat with onions and cook in medium-high stirring for 2 to 3 minutes. Shift into serving platter and repeat process with remaining meat.
7) Shift meat to saucepan stir hot liquid and mix. Simmer and cook uncovered for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Remove meat from pan and stir the sauce to reduce it over medium-high heat. Place the meat back to saucepan and stir.
9) In a large serving bowl serve with chilli are grated cheese.