- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Wagon Wheel Casserole Recipe
|Wagon wheel pasta/Other pasta||8 Ounce, uncooked|
|Lean ground sirloin/Ground turkey breast||1 Pound|
|Chopped green bell pepper||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|No salt added stewed tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|No salt added tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
Calories 322 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.5%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.6 mg
Sodium 201 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.4%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 25 g51%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 43.6%
Calcium 14% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
2) Cook pasta without salt, drain, and keep aside.
3) Take a nonstick skillet and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
4) Stir in ground sirloin, bell pepper and onion and cook for 4-5 minutes or until meat is tender.
5) Stir in tomatoes, all spice, blackpepper, and tomato sauce and cook for 2 minutes then add in pasta.
6) Take 2-1/2 quart casserole, spoon the filling mixture, and garnish with cheese.
7) Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8) Season to taste and serve.