- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Shrimp Recipe
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese rice wine vinegar/Western red wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon (Red Rice)|
|Dark soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chinese chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Chili paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Water chestnut powder/Cornstarch||1 Teaspoon|
|Shrimp||1 Pound (16 Shrimp)|
|Peanut oil||9 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whole scallions||2 , chopped|
|Minced fresh ginger||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1085 Calories from Fat 541
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 61 g93.9%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 690.3 mg
Sodium 2402 mg100.1%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 95 g189.7%
Vitamin A 42.3% Vitamin C 28.7%
Calcium 26.9% Iron 64.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, combine together the seasoning sauce ingredients. Stir well to dissolve the cornstarch or water chestnut powder.
2) With a small pair of scissors, cut the shell of the shrimp along the back, cutting the shrimp about halfway through. Ensure that the shell is not removed. With the nose of the scissors, remove the dark vein and pull of the legs. Wash the shrimp under cold running water and drain in a colander. Pat dry it.
3) Place a wok or heavy skillet over high heat for about a minute and heat it. Add 2 ½ tablespoons of peanut oil and continue to heat till the oil is hot enough but not smoking. Add the prepared shrimp and stir fry it for about 5 minutes or till the shrimps have just about cooked thoroughly. At this point, the shrimps should be charred and deep orange in color. Move the cooked shrimp onto a warm serving platter.
4) Put the pan back on high heat and add the remaining 2 teaspoons of the peanut oil. Stir fry the ginger, scallions and garlic for about 30 seconds.
5) Once again stir the seasoning sauce and add it all at once to the heated pan, stirring constantly till the sauce has slightly thickened.
6) Put the shrimp back in the pan and stir for about a minute so that the shrimp is evenly coated with the sauce. Turn the heat off the then swirl in the sesame oil.
7) Serve hot after placing on a serving platter.