- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Relleno Casserole Recipe
|Rice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Uncooked)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Garlic powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned fat free refried beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned diced green chilies||10 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
Calories 688 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.6%
Saturated Fat 9 g45%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.9 mg
Sodium 1530.4 mg63.8%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.7%
Dietary Fiber 17.1 g68.4%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 32 g64.5%
Vitamin A 43.6% Vitamin C 118.5%
Calcium 48% Iron 52%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) As per the directions on the package, cook the rice.
3) Combine together the onions, garlic powder, tomato sauce and oregano. Mix well and set aside.
4) Use cooking spray to coat a 1 Â½-quart casserole dish.
5) Mix together the rice and beans.
6) In the bottom of the prepared casserole dish, spread Â½ of the bean-rice mixture.
7) Top with a layer of chopped chilies and Â½ cup of shredded cheese.
8) Cover the layers with the remaining bean-rice mixture and pour tomato sauce all over the layers.
9) Bake in preheated oven for about 25 minutes.
10) Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese all over and heat in the oven for another 5 minutes, till the cheese melts.
11) Serve the casserole hot on a serving platter as a main dish.