- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Relleno Casserole Recipe
|Mild whole green chili peppers, canned, drained||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||2 Ounce, shredded|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
Calories 88 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g17.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.2 mg31.7%
Sodium 182.1 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 1 g0.4%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 6 g11.8%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, arrange the chili peppers evenly at the bottom and sprinkle with cheese, keep aside.
3) In a small mixing bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff.
4) In another small mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks with a rubber scraper, then gently fold the egg yolks into the egg whites.
5) Spread the mixture over chili peppers touching sides of the casserole.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for about 25 to 30 minutes, until the topping is puffed and lightly browned.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.