- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Pie Recipe
|Cooked black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Fat free vegetarian chili with black beans||2 Can (20 oz) (Health Valley)|
|Corn kernels||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn meal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Low Fat If Available)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 544 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.1 g0.48%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 918.6 mg38.3%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36%
Dietary Fiber 19.2 g76.7%
Sugars 17.5 g
Protein 23 g45.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 3.5%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 12.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Set the oven temperature to 350°F before baking.
2) In a small bowl, mash black beans with a fork.
3) In a 1 1/2 quart square baking dish, mix together canned chili, mashed black beans, corn and chopped onion.
4) In a small bowl, blend topping ingredients together with a fork.
5) Use this to top the chili mixture and bake for 35-40 minutes in the center of the preheated oven until topping is set and well browned.
6) Serve hot.