- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Cornbread Dinner Recipe
|Canned chili with beans||45 Ounce (3 cans, 15-ounce each)|
|Corn bread mix||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 box)|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74%
Saturated Fat 19.2 g96.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 187.7 mg
Sodium 2927.4 mg122%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.5 g61.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 33 g66.5%
Vitamin A 25.6% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 22.9% Iron 74%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cut hot dogs in half length-wise.
4. In a saucepan, place chili- beans and heat through but do not boil; pour into the baking dish.
5. Arrange the hot dogs, cut side down, over the chili- beans.
6. Combine cornbread mix, egg and milk and mix according to package directions.
7. Carefully spread over the meat mixture.
8. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
9. Serve the Chili Corndog hot as an excellent snack.
10. Use a honey-mustard dipping sauce to enhance the taste.