- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Con Queso With Mixed Cheese Recipe
|Onion soup mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Lipton)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Light cream/Half and half||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned whole peeled tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tortilla chips/Bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 383
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.6 mg
Sodium 3187.3 mg132.8%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 19 g37.2%
Vitamin A 41.4% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 54.6% Iron 8.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, melt butter over medium flame.
2. Add the soup mix and flour in the butter and stir to combine.
3. Further pour in the cream stirring continuously until well blended.
4. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring often, then reduce flame and simmer for 5 minutes until the sauce is thickened to double cream consistency. Stir the sauce to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
5. When sauce is thickened, add the tomatoes with its liquid, chilies and cheese.
6. Constantly stirring the sauce, simmer on a slow flame till the cheese has melted.
7. Pour the sauce into a fondue pot or a chaffing dish and keep warm so that the cheese remains melted.
8. Place the fondue pot on the table and accompany with crackers, tostadas, bread cubes, blanched veggies or tortilla chips.