- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Chili Con Carne Recipe
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Bacon fat/Corn oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Beef suet||1⁄2 Pound, finely chopped|
|Beef top round/Rump of beef||3 Pound, cut into small cubes|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef stock/Water and bouillon cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs), heated to boiling|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5128 Calories from Fat 3639
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 405 g622.5%
Saturated Fat 185.9 g929.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 931.2 mg
Sodium 10263.2 mg427.6%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g31.9%
Dietary Fiber 27.8 g111.2%
Sugars 31.4 g
Protein 288 g575.7%
Vitamin A 271% Vitamin C 132.2%
Calcium 45.4% Iron 105.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a skillet and add fat or oil into it. Saute the onion it until it becomes tender.
2. Blend in the beef suet and cook it slowly until suet completely gets rendered and onion gets disintegrated into the fat.
3. Add garlic, meat and salt.
4. Saute until the meat cubes go brown on both the sides and stir frequently to blend the meat with the fat and onions.
5. Combine cumin, Tabasco, and chili powder with the meat and cover it with the boiling stock.
6. Cover and cook it over low heat for about 2 ½ hours by stirring it at odd intervals. The stirring is done to prevent the mixture from sticking.
7. Adjust the seasoning as per the taste preferences and add chili powder and salt if required.
8. Ensure that meat has become very tender to the point of shredding or crumbling.
9. Move the mixture into warm bowls.
10. Serve the dish in bowl with sharp grated cheese, tomato (peeled , seeded and chopped) garnished with chopped onions.