- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cabernet Sirloin Chili Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef sirloin||2 Pound, cut into large dice|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cabernet sauvignon||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon (mixture of spices like cumin, garlic, chilli, etc))|
|Canned cannellini beans||30 Ounce (3 (10 ounce) cans)|
|Tomato paste||8 1⁄2 Ounce (1 small can)|
|Instant coffee powder/Instant espresso powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 241
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.4%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73 mg
Sodium 413.7 mg17.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g53.8%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 49 g98.4%
Vitamin A 42.4% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a soup pot, saute onions in a little olive oil until soft.
2. Add beef and cook, stirring, until beef starts to brown.
3. Sprinkle flour over meat and cook, stirring for one minute.
4. Pour the beef stock, wine and add the chili powder.
5. Bring it to a boil, cover, lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Add beans, tomato paste and espresso powder. Stir well to mix all and continue to simmer for 5 more minutes.
7. In a serving bowl, or plate, serve the chilli with a dollop of sour cream and grated cheese if desired or as it is with bread or rice.