- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Chili Beef Pasta Recipe Video
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet green pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Mexican cheese blend||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded|
Calories 886 Calories from Fat 364
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.6%
Saturated Fat 15.9 g79.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.2 mg
Sodium 649.8 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.6%
Sugars 18.8 g
Protein 43 g86.2%
Vitamin A 113.2% Vitamin C 129.4%
Calcium 53.3% Iron 39.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot with boiling water on high heat, add the pasta and cook for 8 minutes or until al dente. Once done, drain the macaroni and set it aside.
2. In a skillet on high heat, stir fry the beef for 8 minutes until cook and brown. Once done, drain off the excess beef fat and set it back on the stove on medium heat.
3. Stir in the onions, chilli powder, oregano. Mix well and stir fry for 5 minutes or until the onions turn soft.
4. After 5 minutes, stir in the milk and mix well. Bring this to a boil.
5. Once it starts boiling lower the temperature to medium low and let the dish until the milk has reduced in quantity.
6. Once the milk has reduced, stir in the green peppers, tomatoes, tomato paste and salt. Mix all the ingredients well and let it simmer for 5 minutes more.
7. After 5 minutes, transfer the chilli tomato sauce into the pot of pasta, add the cheese and mix until well combined.
8. Serve the chilli beef pasta hot.