- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Extra Hot Beef Chili Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Canned whole tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned chili beans||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Carrot||1 Medium, grated|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.4%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 55.4 mg
Sodium 622.3 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 22 g44.3%
Vitamin A 67.2% Vitamin C 44%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 32.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large microwaveable casserole, mix together beef; onion.
2. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap.
3. Place in the microwave and cook at HIGH for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 minutes until beef is lightly browned.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to the beef and stir well to mix.
5. Return uncovered dish to the microwave.
6. Reduce the power to 6 and cook for another 25 minutes, stirring once after about 10 minutes.
7. Remove from the microwave and stand for 5 minutes.
8. Serve the chill beef with tacos, on a bun or use as required.