- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chili Recipe Video
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Stew meat||1 Pound, cut into 1/2 inch pieces|
|Diced tomatoes||56 Ounce (28 oz cans (2))|
|Kidney bean||48 Ounce, drained and rinsed|
|Can||8 Ounce, tomato sauce (1 can)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1133 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.7%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59.7 mg
Sodium 801.7 mg33.4%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54%
Dietary Fiber 40.6 g162.3%
Sugars 14 g
Protein 76 g151.5%
Vitamin A 77.9% Vitamin C 122.3%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 100.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Coat the meat pieces with flour.
2. Heat a pan with oil and brown the meat pieces. Set aside.
3. In a large sauce pan, add the meat, minced garlic, onions and green bell pepper.
4. Rinse the canned kidney beans under cold water, drain them and add them to the pan.
5. Pour the diced tomatoes from the can.
6. Add the chili powder and the tomato sauce.
7. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Cook under low heat for 3 hours.
9. Serve over rice or pasta.