- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chiles Rellenos Guillermos, New Mexican Food Part 4 Recipe Video
|Monterey jack cheese||8 Ounce, cut in strips|
|Grated sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 290 Calories from Fat 191
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.5%
Saturated Fat 9 g45.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 148.8 mg49.6%
Sodium 370.4 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.36 g1.4%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 14 g28.5%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 47.2%
Calcium 31.7% Iron 5.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Apply oil to your hands to avoid burning sensation.
3. Using a vegetable peeler, peel the chilies and place them on a kitchen towel.
4. Slit the chilies vertically, and pull out the seeds if desired.
5. Cut the monterey jack cheese, in ¼ inch thin slices and then cut in strips.
6. Stuff the chilies through the slits, with cheese strips.
7. In a baking dish, pour in the olive oil and turn the dish to coat the sides and bottom.
8. Arrange the chilies in the baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese.
9. In a bowl, break the eggs and beat well until light and fluffy.
10. Add in the milk, salt. pepper and Tabasco sauce, and beat well to combine, taste it and adjust the seasoning.
11. Stream the egg mixture all over the chilies and sprinkle some more Tabasco on top.
12. Bake it in oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until they turn light brown on top and when you insert a knife it comes out clean.
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down slightly.
14. Serve warm.