- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilean Sea Bass And Scallops in Pomegranate Reduction Sauce Recipe Video
|Basil oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea bass fillets||1 Medium (For the Chilean Sea Bas)|
|Salt||1 Dash (For the Chilean Sea Bas)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash (For the Chilean Sea Bas)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Citrus Emulsion sauce)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For the Citrus Emulsion sauce)|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Medium, chopped finely (For the Citrus Emulsion sauce)|
|Assorted herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (For the Citrus Emulsion sauce)|
|Scallops||4 Medium (For the Scallops)|
|Salt||1 Dash (For the Scallops)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For the Scallops)|
|Pomegranate juice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For the Pomegranate reduction sauce)|
|White tapioca caviar||1 Tablespoon (For the Pomegranate reduction sauce)|
|Red tapioca caviar||1 Tablespoon (For the Pomegranate reduction sauce)|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 53.3 mg
Sodium 284.3 mg11.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.2%
Sugars 23.7 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 108.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. For the Chilean Sea Bass: Dust the Bass with salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Add olive oil to a pan and pan sear the bass for 2 minutes.
4. Flip to other side and put the sea bass into oven for 10 minutes.
5. For the citrus emulsion sauce: Simmer and reduce orange and lemon juice, tomatoes and herbs to half while stirring occasionally.
6. For the Scallops: In a pan, heat the olive oil.
7. Dust the scallops with salt.
8. Pan sear the scallops on both sides, 2-4 minutes each side.
9. For the Pomegranate Reduction Sauce: In a pan, simmer and reduce pomegranate juice, white tapioca caviar and red tapioca caviar to half while stirring occasionally.
10. Add the Sea Bass to a plate of grilled asparagus and top with the Citrus emulsion sauce. Add basil oil, balsamic reduction sauce and a spicy sauce and serve.
11. Plate the scallops and top with the pomegranate reduction sauce and serve.