- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilean Quinoa Tabbouleh Recipe
|Quinoa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh lemon juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped fresh cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||2 Teaspoon|
|Ripe avocado||1 , pitted, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (Preferably Hass)|
|Fresh corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Finely chopped red onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Plum tomatoes||4 , cut into 1/2 inch dice|
|Cucumbers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced into 1/2 inch|
Calories 736 Calories from Fat 286
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.7%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 138 mg5.8%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.6%
Dietary Fiber 17.9 g71.7%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 19 g37.8%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 38.2%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place quinoa in a strainer and rinse with cold running water.
2. In a medium-size pan, place quinoa, add water, and bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and cover the pan.
4. Simmer for about 10-12 minutes until the liquid is absorbed; quinoa should be translucent.
5. Remove the pan from heat and fluff with a fork.
6. In a large bowl, transfer quinoa and let it cool down to room temperature.
7. Season with the salt and pepper.
8. Folding from underneath the grains to mix.
9. Add 4 tablespoons of lemon juice and oil.
10. Add cilantro and garlic; fold gently.
11. In a separate bowl, toss avocado with the remaining lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
12. Gently fold in corn, onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocado into the quinoa.
13. Adjust seasonings to taste.
14. Serve within 2 hours of preparation.