- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chilean Pistou With Cilantro Pesto Recipe
|Cilantro leaves||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), freshly grated|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Leeks||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Carrots||4 Medium, peeled|
|Idaho potatoes||1 Pound, peeled|
|Plum tomatoes||8 , peeled|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Homemade vegetable broth||12 Cup (192 tbs)|
|Penne pasta||4 Ounce, uncooked|
|Zucchini||8 Ounce, cut|
|French beans||4 Ounce, trimmed (For Garnish)|
|Basil leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Corn kernels||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Beans/Other fresh seasonal beans, shelled about 1 pound and outer skins removed||3 Pound|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 1683 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.2 mg
Sodium 1434.1 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 286 g95.5%
Dietary Fiber 59.8 g239.1%
Sugars 13 g
Protein 78 g155.9%
Vitamin A 199.4% Vitamin C 125.2%
Calcium 54.5% Iron 106.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, put together cilantro, garlic, and Parmesan cheese.
2. Pulse the machine on and off until the mixture is well chopped but not pureed.
3. Pulse the machine to run slowly and drizzle olive oil through the feed tube
4. Pulse until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
5. Cut the white end of leeks forming a 2-inch-deep X.
6. Cut the green end also in X but with 3 inch deep cut.
7. In a large bowl, fill water and add vinegar.
8. Soak leeks in vinegar water for 30 minutes.
9. After leeks are soaked, rinse them well under cold running water.
10. Slice the leeks length-wise in half.
11. Chop them crosswise into 1/2 inch thick.
12. In a large soup pot, put together the leeks, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, thyme, and garlic.
13. Pour vegetable broth to cover up the ingredients.
14. Bring to a boil.
15. Simmer uncovered over medium low heat for 30 minutes.
16. Increase the heat to medium-high.
17. Add pasta, zucchini, French beans, and basil.
18. Again bring the soup to boil.
19. Adjust the heat to simmer gently for about 15 minutes until pasta is just tender.
20. Add corn and broad beans.
21. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the ingredients are just tender.
22. Ladle soup in shallow bowls.
23. Top with scoop of cilantro pesto.
24. Garnish with grated Parmesan.