- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chile Tortilla Bake: Easy Entertaining Recipe Video
|Corn tortillas||12 Medium (10 - 12 tortillas)|
|Diced green chilies||8 Ounce (Two 4 oz Cans of Mild Diced Green Chilies)|
|Sliced black olives||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Jack cheese||8 Ounce, shredded, divided|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 481 Calories from Fat 203
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.1 mg
Sodium 784.9 mg32.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 152.8%
Calcium 35.6% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. 2 1/2 Quart Casserole dish or a 9" X 13" pan
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Spray a 2 1/2 quart casserole or 9 x 13" pan with baking spray.
3. Tear half of the tortillas (from a pack of 10 to 12 tortillas) into bite-sized pieces and place them evenly at the bottom of the baking dish.
4. On top of the tortillas, layer 1/2 of the chilis (one can out of the two), 1/2 the olives and 1/2 the cheese.
5. Repeat with a 2nd layer once again starting the broken tortillas finishing with the jack cheese on top. Set baking dish aside.
6. In a bowl, crack 4 eggs, pour the buttermilk into it, season with some salt and pepper. Whisk well to combine.
7. Slowly pour the egg mixture over the top of the ingredients in the casserole/baking dish.
8. Bake uncovered for 35 minutes in the preheated oven. Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
9. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with fresh salsa. You can also have some sour cream and guacamole too to go with it!
When whisking the eggs and buttermilk mixture, you can add some tabasco or green jalapeno sauce, if desired.
Additional ingredients that can be added into the tortilla layers to bake are some cilantro, sliced scallions, other varieties of cheese like cheddar or pepper jack cheese or some diced cooked chicken.