- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chile Rellenos Part 1 Recipe Video
|Chili pepper||5 (Poplano Peppers)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Monterey jack cheese||30 Gram, strips (Natural Monterey Jack Cheese)|
|Vegetables oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Salsa verde||12 Ounce (Goya)|
|For the batter|
|Eggs||3 (Separate the egg whites from the yolk)|
|White whole wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.7%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 166.5 mg
Sodium 102.9 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 5.6 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 50.5%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 12.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedInfrared grill
1. Prepare the infrared grill.
2. Place the poplano peppers whole on the grill and char them, flip them over every few minutes.
3. Once done place them in a zip lock bag and let it steam with the heat.
4. After some time using a paring knife scrap out the skin and the black char from the peppers.
5. Make a slit in the pepper and remove the seeds.
6. Cut the monterey jack cheese into strips and stuff it inside the pepper.
7. In a bowl, blend the egg white with the hand blender until it’s frothy and form soft peek.
8. Add the egg yolks little at a time and keep blending until all egg yolks are finished.
9. In another bowl put the flour.
10. Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan for deep frying the peppers.
11. Once the oil is hot enough up to 350 degree, roll the pepper in the flour and hen coat it with the egg batter.
12. Deep fry the peppers 1 at a time do not crowd the pan; fry the pepper until golden brown on all sides about 8 minutes each pepper.
13. Once done remove it from the pan and drain the oil on a paper towel or dripping pan with a rack, and let it rest.
14. Warm the salsa verde and pour it on the pepper.
15. Serve the chile rellenos hot along with a glass of chilled beer.