- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chile Cheese Melt Recipe
|Sandwich bread slice||2|
|Sharp cheddar cheese/Sharp monterey jack cheese||2 Ounce|
|Whole green chili||1 Can (10 oz), rinsed and seeded|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 615.1 mg25.6%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 24 g48.2%
Vitamin A 79% Vitamin C 1145.7%
Calcium 50.4% Iron 116.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Split chile. Use paper towel to pat dry.
2) Take once slice of bread to arrange the chile.
3) Place one ounce cheese.
4) Top second slice of bread with remaining cheese.
5) Place inside the broiler to make the cheese melted and bubbly.
6) Press the slices together before serving.
7) Serve the sandwich with your choice of salad or soup.