- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Children's Salad Recipe
|Cabbage||8 Ounce, prepared|
|Carrot||4 Ounce (1 Medium Sized One)|
|Mild cheese||2 Ounce, diced or coarsely grated|
|Eating apple||1 , peeled and diced|
|Seedless raisins||2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind and juiced|
|Cress||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
Calories 149 Calories from Fat 38
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 122.2 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 16.2 g
Protein 5 g10.4%
Vitamin A 100.4% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) For garnishing, slice few ribbons from carrot using a potato peeler.
2) On a rough grater, grate the rest of the carrot.
3) In a polythene bag, mix all ingredients except cress by shaking well.
4) Into a salad bowl, transfer the salad and garnish with cress and carrot ribbons.
5) Decorate edges of the bowl with potato crisps and serve at once.