- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicory with Cheese and Ham Recipe
|Chicory heads||4 , trimmed|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Tablespoon|
|Cooked ham slices||4|
|Grated cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|White breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1830 Calories from Fat 1048
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 119 g183.5%
Saturated Fat 72 g360.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317 mg
Sodium 3176.9 mg132.4%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.3%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60.2%
Sugars 22.5 g
Protein 102 g203.4%
Vitamin A 330.8% Vitamin C 108.2%
Calcium 242.1% Iron 43.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Add chicory with a little lemon juice to salted boiling water. Gently cook for 25 minutes and drain well.
2) Set chicory aside and reserve 1/2 pt of cooking liquid.
3) Take a skillet and melt butte in it. Add flour , stir well and cook for about a minute or two.
4) Remove from heat and pour in milk and reserved cooking liquid. Place the skillet on heat and cook the sauce smooth and thickened.
5) Stir in cheese and add salt, pepper and nutmeg as per taste.
6) Take four foil containers and wrap each chicory head in a slice of ham. Pour the sauce over each serving.