- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicory Salad with Lardons Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 646 Calories from Fat 497
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g88.5%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90 mg
Sodium 2105.2 mg87.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 26 g52.5%
Vitamin A 94.3% Vitamin C 132%
Calcium 12.1% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Clean and was chicory. Place on paper towels to absorb excess liquid. Discard discolored leaves.
2) Cut into serving pieces and again dry on paper towels. Keep covered in refrigerator till ready to serve.
3) Place paper towels in a plate.
4) Halve lemon and squeeze juice from half.
4) In large heavy-gauge skillet add 1 inch of water and bring to boil.
5) With a knife, slice bacon into 3/4-inch cubes
6) Place bacon in boiling water and blanch about 2 minutes till soft.
7) With spoon place bacon in a plate.
8) Wash the skillet with water and pour oil. Heat for 30 seconds in medium high.
9) Stir in bacon and fry for 5 minutes till crisp.
10) Add bacon and fat to the chicory, sprinkle lemon juice and parsley on top.
12) Season salt and pepper on top.
13) Toss salad and mix well.
14) Divide in dinner plates and serve.