- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicory and Orange Salad Recipe
|Oil and vinegar dressing||3 Tablespoon (Bottled Or Homemade)|
Calories 51 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.45 g2.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13.5 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 0.74 g1.5%
Vitamin A 35.8% Vitamin C 37%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 1.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the base of the chicory heats and strip the outer wilted and damaged leaves.
2. Wipe the heads of chicory with a damp and clean kitchen towl.
3. Cut crosswise into chunks. Keep aside.
4. Use a sharp paring knife to peel skin and white pith from the orange.
5. Separate the segments of orange flesh, leaving piths behind. Place in a bowl and keep aside.
6. In a salad bowl, place chicory
7. Pour the dressing over it and toss until well coated.
8. Add orange segments and toss lightly.
9. Serve immediately.