- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicory and Orange Salad Recipe
|Roasted walnuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 111 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.5 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 53.3% Vitamin C 48.1%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut chicory heads in half and take out the core.
2) Make thin slices of orange.
3) In a plate, nicely arrange the chicory leaves and orange slices.
4) Sprinkle walnuts on top and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
5) Spread little olive oil over the salad and let it stand for couple of minutes.
6) Garnish with fresh orange zest for serving.