- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chickpeas and Fresh Tomatoes Recipe Video
|Chickpeas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil Or Peanut Oil)|
Calories 416 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 131.3 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.8%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 20 g40.2%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 16.1%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 40.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Looking for a quick and easy vegetarian dish to serve on the side or as main course? This easy recipe will have your dish of chickpeas with tomatoes ready in no time.
Directions for preparation:
• Heat some oil in a pan and add 1 tsp of cumin.
• To this add some crushed and minced garlic and stir the mixture well into the oil. Add some ground or powdered ginger to this and again mix well.
• Throw in some onions (cut into quarters). Cook till the onions begin to soften.
• Some lime juice is added next to deglaze the pan and get the fond off the bottom of the pan.
• Some red hot pepper flakes are now added to the pan along with the fresh tomatoes (cut into quarters, with or without the seeds)
• Tomato paste is added next to the pan and the dish is cooked till the tomatoes soften nicely. Add some water if you feel that the paste is thickening the preparation too much.
• Add some salt and pepper to the dish now and stir it in well.
• Now add in the chickpeas and stir them in well and leave them to cook till they are nice and soft (avoid making the chickpeas mushy)
• Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro
Serve hot and enjoy!