- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chickpea Spread - Hummus Recipe
|Onion||1 Small, quartered|
|Italian parsley||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm), rinsed|
|Garbanzo||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Cooked garbanzos/One 19 ounce can chickpeas, drained||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, put through a press|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon (From Half A Lemon)|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 86.8 mg3.6%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.6 g50.3%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 15.5% Vitamin C 30.2%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food chopper or liquidizer, add the onion and parsley.
2. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. Add the garbanzo beans, spices and seasonings and garlic.
4. Blend to a paste of slightly grainy consistency.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and olive oil.
6. Serve this as a spread for sandwiches, a dip for pita triangles and veggies or as a topping for pita pockets stuffed with veggies.
7. Garnish dip with toasted sesame seeds or paprika if you like