- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chickpea and Tahini Casserole Recipe
|Spring onions||1⁄4 Pound, trimmed and sliced (1 bunch)|
|Carrots||2 Medium, peeled and thinly sliced|
|Red pepper||1 , cored, seeded and sliced|
|Young parsnips||2 , peeled and cut into chunks|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chickpeas||8 Ounce, cooked|
|Canned tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 can)|
|Parsley sprigs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (A handful)|
|Sea salt||To Taste (As desired)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground (As desired)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As desired)|
Calories 391 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 267.4 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 17.4 g69.5%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 16 g32.1%
Vitamin A 167.4% Vitamin C 146.2%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 39.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole, place the spring onions, carrots, red pepper and parsnips.
2) To this, add the oil. Toss well.
3) On high power, cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
4) To this, add the chickpeas, tomatoes along with their juice and all the other ingredients.
5) Season lightly with salt and pepper.
6) Now, add 1/2 pint of boiling water.
7) On high power, cook covered for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Adjust the seasonings, if required.
8) Serve the Chickpea and Tahini Casserole hot, along with brown rice.