- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chickpea and Spinach Chapatis Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onions||2 , sliced|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Medium, grated|
|Garam masala||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned cherry tomatoes||400 Gram|
|Chickpeas||410 Gram, drained|
|Spinach leaves||500 Gram|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 64
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 0.66 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 235 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.5%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 15 g29.3%
Vitamin A 125.6% Vitamin C 45%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 31.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large frying pan, saute the onions and ginger in the oil for 5 minutes until to soft and transparent.
2) Stir in the spice and saute for 1 minute.
3) Then stir in the tomatoes, chickpeas and 1/2 cup water.
4) Simmer for about 5 minutes until the sauce has slightly thickened.
5) Stir 3/4 of the spinach leaves into the sauce and allow to wilt, then warm thoroughly for a few minutes.
6) Transfer into a casserole or serving dish.
7) Heat the chapatis if packaged as per directions.
8) Serve the Chickpea and Spinach curry with chapattis along with a yogurt salad, if desired.