- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zuza zak's Weeknight Dinners: Chickpea and Courgette Curry with Brown Rice Recipe Video
|Canned chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Canned tomato||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (more or less as needed)|
|Curry powder||To Taste (mild madras curry powder)|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Garlic clove||2 , chopped finely|
|Green chili||3 , finely chopped|
|Ginger||10 Gram, chopped finely (as needed)|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (mixture of olive oil and sesame oil)|
Calories 346 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 0.91 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 416.9 mg17.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.1%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 16.1% Vitamin C 79.7%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, place rice and cover it with water about 2 cm up. Bring it to a boil.
2. Reduce the flame, cover with lid and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes or until done.
3. Turn off the heat and let rice steam for another 15 minutes for water to evaporate.
4. Pierce and grill courgette on open stove for 5 minutes or until charred. Chop and set aside.
5. Place a wok on flame, pour oil and saute ginger, garlic, onion, and chili for a few minutes or until softened.
6. Add curry powder, stir and pour little bit of water. Cook for a couple of minutes.
7. Add chopped courgette, little water, salt, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Mix well, cover and simmer for about 8 minutes.
8. Serve hot with rice and enjoy!