- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Tabbouleh Salad Recipe Video
|Bulgur wheat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||2 , minced|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Mint||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Tomato||1 , diced|
|Chickpeas||1 Can (10 oz) (Garbanzo Beans)|
|Chicken||1 , shredded|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1108 Calories from Fat 483
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.6%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 251.2 mg
Sodium 372 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.4%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68.1%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 93 g185.9%
Vitamin A 30.7% Vitamin C 36.9%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 48.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat one cup of water.
2. Bring it to a boil and stir in bulgar wheat.
3. Reduce flame and let it simmer for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
4. In a bowl, take garlic, scallions, tomatoes, parsley, mint and juice of one lemon.
5. Add prepared bulgar wheat into the bowl. Mix it well and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add chick peas and shredded chicken.
7. Add extra virgin olive oil and give it one last stir.
8. Serve Chicken Tabbouleh Salad as it is.