- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken And Vegetable Soup Recipe Video
|Chicken||5 Pound, washed and quartered|
|Cold water||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Onion||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Celery stalk||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Turnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Pepper white||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 760 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253.3 mg
Sodium 2217.4 mg92.4%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 78 g156.3%
Vitamin A 79.3% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 21.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Skim the surface of the broth with a large spoon to remove the scum.
3. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, bay leaf, dill sprigs, and white pepper.
4. Mix well and lower the heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 4 hours and skim the surface to remove the scum occasionally.
6. Strain the soup into your serving dish to remove the chicken and vegetables. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and add to the soup.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com