- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Lemony Chicken Piccata Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||1 Pound, thinly cut (Boneless Skinless)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shallot||1 , diced|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Juice of lemon||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Green beans||1 Pound, trimmed|
Calories 731 Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 147.7 mg
Sodium 394.2 mg16.4%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 63 g126%
Vitamin A 20.5% Vitamin C 46.3%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken and dredge it lightly in whole wheat flour.
2. Heat pan over a medium-high heat.
3. Add olive oil.
4. Add chicken pieces and let it cook for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is nice and brown. Remove chicken on plate.
5. Add a teaspoon of olive oil in the pan.
6. Add shallots and let it cook for about 10-20 seconds as the pan is already hot.
7. Add chicken broth and lemon juice. Cook it for a minute or until bubbles form.
8. Add capers and butter.
9. Once butter is melted, add chicken back to the pan and let it cook.
10. Add freshly chopped parsley.
11. In a plate, take steamed green beans and place a chicken breast over it.