- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mediterranean Chicken Phyllo Rolls Recipe Video
|Chicken||3 Cup (48 tbs), cooked, shredded|
|Onion||2 Cup (32 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Phyllo dough||1 Pound (1 packet)|
Calories 3125 Calories from Fat 1901
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 212 g325.6%
Saturated Fat 66.4 g331.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 904.2 mg301.4%
Sodium 1587.2 mg66.1%
Total Carbohydrates 71 g23.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 220 g439.4%
Vitamin A 64% Vitamin C 42.4%
Calcium 16.8% Iron 80.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheated oven at 400 degrees F.
2. Shred the cooked chicken and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan add olive oil and onions and cook on medium heat.
4. Add chicken to onions (add salt if chicken is not salted), cook for 5 minutes or until lightly brown.
5. Remove from heat and add sumac, paprika, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Mix well.
6. Lay out 1 layer of phyllo dough and cut into 8 x 10 inch size, brush with butter.
7. Add 2 tbs chicken to 1 sheet of phyllo dough, fold in sides and roll. Repeat until all chicken is done.
8. Place rolls open end down in a pan and brush with butter on top.
9. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
10. In a serving platter, arrange the wraps and serve as a appetizer with dip of choice or as a main dish.