- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), crush|
|Celery stalk||1 Medium, halved|
|Star anise/Bay leaf||3 Small|
|Rice stick noodles||1 Pound|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 1076 Calories from Fat 257
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g43.9%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 167.5 mg
Sodium 1503.8 mg62.7%
Total Carbohydrates 146 g48.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 52 g104.8%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 15.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge soup pot
1. In a large soup pot pour water and combine garlic, onion, celery stalks, salt star anise and half chicken.
2. Bring it to a boil on high heat, skim the fat on the surface, and then lower the heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes with a cracked lid.
3. Soak the rice stick noodles in warm water for 20-25 minutes, after that drain the water, set aside.
4. After 45 minutes remove the chicken and let the chicken cool before you shred it.
5. Shred the chicken meat and place it in a serving bowl along with the noodles.
6. Pour the desired amount of chicken broth on top and serve.
7. Serve the chicken noodle soup along with any sauce, bean sprouts, basil leaves and lime on the side.