- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Egg Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Chicken||5 Pound, quartered|
|Cold water||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Onion||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Celery||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Turnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Pepper white||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||3⁄4 Pound|
Calories 1091 Calories from Fat 537
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.9%
Saturated Fat 17 g85.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 331.1 mg110.4%
Sodium 6034.3 mg251.4%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 80 g160.1%
Vitamin A 83.1% Vitamin C 34.4%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Skim the surface of the broth with a large spoon to remove the scum.
3. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, bay leaf, dill sprigs, and white pepper.
4. Mix well and lower the heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 4 hours and skim the surface to remove the scum occassionally.
6. Strain the soup into your serving dish to remove the chicken and vegetables. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and add to the soup.
7. In a separate large stock pot bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the egg noodles and boil for 8 minutes. Remove and strain the noodles.
8. Add the noodles to the finished soup. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com