- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Egg Noodle Soup Recipe Video
|Chicken||5 Pound, quartered|
|Cold water||16 Cup (256 tbs)|
|Onion||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), crushed|
|Celery||4 , chopped|
|Carrot||2 , peeled and chopped|
|Parsnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Turnip||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Pepper white||2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||2 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg noodles||3⁄4 Pound|
Calories 981 Calories from Fat 401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.7%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300.9 mg
Sodium 6015.5 mg250.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.7%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 86 g172.7%
Vitamin A 80% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 27.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Skim the surface of the broth with a large spoon to remove the scum.
3. Add the onion, garlic, celery, carrot, parsnip, turnip, bay leaf, dill sprigs, and white pepper.
4. Mix well and lower the heat to a simmer.
5. Simmer for 4 hours and skim the surface to remove the scum occassionally.
6. Strain the soup into your serving dish to remove the chicken and vegetables. Remove the skin and bones from the chicken and add to the soup.
7. In a separate large stock pot bring the water and salt to a boil. Add the egg noodles and boil for 8 minutes. Remove and strain the noodles.
8. Add the noodles to the finished soup. Add kosher salt to taste. Stir and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com