- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mormon Style Chicken Liver Pate Recipe
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Hard cooked eggs||3|
|Cream cheese||6 Ounce|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper/Lemon pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 10.2 g50.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423.6 mg141.2%
Sodium 533.1 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 19 g37%
Vitamin A 180.6% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 6% Iron 41.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, saute the chicken livers and chopped onion in butter until livers are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
2. In a food processor jar, combine the livers, onion, and eggs.
3. Blend until smooth.
4. In a bowl, combine one package of cream cheese with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
5. Add liver mixture and blend well.
6. Spoon the mixture into pate molds and chill.
7. When ready to serve, unmold the pate molds onto a serving plate and frost with remaining cream cheese.
8. Garnish with olives, pimiento strips, and parsley as desired.
9. Serve the pate on hot toast or crackers.