- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Karaage: Food My Momma Usta Make by Lena Vazifdar Recipe
|Boneless chicken pieces||1 Pound|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (corn flour)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4621 Calories from Fat 4019
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 454 g699%
Saturated Fat 60.8 g304.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 317.5 mg105.8%
Sodium 2047.6 mg85.3%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g15.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.5%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 100 g200%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 93.1%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 29.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cut up the chicken into small pieces.
2. Grate ginger; then mix with soy sauce.
3. Marinate the chicken pieces in the ginger soy sauce mixture for at least two to four hours, or overnight.
4. Drain the soy sauce ginger mixture from the chicken. Take out the chicken from the bowl, and place in a clean bowl.
5. Coat the chicken in cornstarch or flour.
6. Heat a lot of vegetable oil in a wok, and fry the individual chicken pieces in the hot oil until golden brown and crispy.*
7. Serve with fresh lemon wedges, Japanese Kewpie mayonnaise, and rice. You can buy Japanese mayonnaise at specialty Japanese grocery stores and other ethnic stores.
*For a healthier option, you can also cook the chicken in the oven by spreading the oil on a cookie sheet, lining the chicken on the sheet, and drizzling with oil. Cook at 400º F until chicken is golden brown.
DivineCaroline.com is a website where you can read and contribute stories, reviews, and forums. Come visit our vibrant community soon.