- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Curry by Sfehmi - Part 2 - Finishing Recipe Video
|Chicken||1⁄2 (cut into small pieces)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Green cardamom pods||5 Small|
|Corainder powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Red chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger and garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 694 Calories from Fat 506
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87.1%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.6 mg47.5%
Sodium 1892.4 mg78.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.7%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 37 g73.5%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 7.5% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedPressure cooker
1. Slice the onions and set aside
2. Wash, clean and pat dry the chicken, cut the chicken into small pieces, set aside.
3. In the pressure cooker heat up the oil, add the onions and sauté until brown and translucent.
4. Turn off the heat and remove the onion on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
5. Place the pressure cooker back on the stove and over medium heat, add the dry spices along with cardamom and clove, add ginger garlic paste as well.
6. Add water and stir well, until the color changes to green.
7. Add the chicken and stir,
8. In the mean time in the blender blend the fried onions, yogurt and little water, once done add it to the chicken and stir everything well.
9. The water from the yogurt has to dry up and the oil should be seen on the surface.
10. Once the chicken is almost cooked, add the 1 cup of water and stir, close the pressure cooker and let it cook for 5 additional minutes and then turn of the heat.
11. Serve the chicken curry along with steamed rice or hot naan.
Indian Chicken Curry Part 1