- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken Biryani Recipe
|Basmati rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), rinsed|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onions||3 , sliced|
|Chicken breasts||4 , cubed|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Saffron threads||1⁄2 Teaspoon, soaked|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Toasted slivered almonds||3 Tablespoon, garnish (For Garnishing)|
|Cilantro||1 Teaspoon (For Garnishing)|
Calories 506 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g12.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 373.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 12.8% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
- Bring a pan of water to a boil, add the rice, salt, cardamom pods, cloves and cinnamon stick; boil for two minutes and then drain, leaving the whole spices in the rice.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions for about 8 minutes, until browned.
- Add the chicken, followed by the ground cloves, cardamom, chilies, cumin, coriander, black pepper, garlic, ginger and lemon juice; stir-fry for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken mixture to a casserol
- Sprinkle on the cilantro, spoon on the plain yogurt and top with drained basmati rice.
- Drizzel the saffron and milk over the rice and pour on 2/3 cup water.
- Cover tightly and bake in the oven for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a warmed serving platter and remove the whole spices from the rice.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and freshly chopped cilantro and serve with plain yogurt.