- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Oyakodon Recipe Video
|Dashi soup||50 Milliliter|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken meat||85 Gram|
|Rice||200 Gram, steamed|
|Mitsuba||10 Gram (10, japanese wild parsley)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1221 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 435.9 mg
Sodium 3499.8 mg145.8%
Total Carbohydrates 190 g63.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 13.3 g
Protein 48 g97%
Vitamin A 19.4% Vitamin C 14.1%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 25.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken in 1” pieces.
2. Cut onions in ¼” slices and parsley in 1” pieces.
3. In a bowl, break the eggs and beat slightly.
4. In a bowl, dissolve granulated dashi in water.
5. In a small pan, heat the dashi mixture and add in sake, mirin, sugar, soy sauce, stir lightly.
6. Add in the onions and put the lid on, and allow to cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
7. Add in the chicken, put back the lid and cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
8. Remove the lid, turn the chicken pieces, cover and cook for 4 minutes more, or until chicken is tender.
9. Add in the ½ of the beaten eggs, stir lightly, cove and cook for 10 seconds.
10. Add in the remaining egg and sprinkle parsley on top, cover, turn off the heat and allow to sit for 15 seconds.
11. In a bowl of cooked rice, slid the egg mixture over the rice, serve immediately.