- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken and Dumplins Recipe Video
|Chicken breast||3 (with skin and bone)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 422 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.4%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4 mg1.3%
Sodium 844.8 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 5%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a stainless steel pot, melt butter on medium heat and add in onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the onions sweat.
2. Place the chicken breast, skin side down and cook until the chicken browns.
3. Reduce the heat to low, flip the chicken, put the lid and allow to cook for about an hour.
4. Remove the chicken, allow to cool and refrigerate to cool completely.
5. Strain the cooked onion and garlic, discard the fat and return the onion mixture back to the same pan.
6. Add in the chicken broth to the pot, on medium heat and bring to a boil.
7. De-bone the chicken, and set aside.
8. Add chicken pieces in to the broth and bring again to a boil
9. On a floured surface, unroll the pie crust, using knife cut it in 1 inch squares.
10. Drop the pie crust squares in the boiling broth, few at a time to avoid sticking together.
11. Reduce the heat to simmer, put the lid on and cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
12. In a bowl, mix together flour in cold water and pout it in the simmering broth.
13. Stir and bring to a boil, cover reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
14. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
15. Serve hot in a bowl with freshly sliced bread.