- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken with Wine Recipe
|Broiler chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped shallots||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Medium onions||6 Small, peeled|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, halved|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|New potatoes||6 , peeled|
Calories 900 Calories from Fat 389
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.3%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.6 mg
Sodium 1374.1 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.2%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 58 g116.2%
Vitamin A 17.8% Vitamin C 67.6%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 24.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, sear the chicken pieces in the oil seasoned with salt, pepper and shallots, until brown.
2) In a slow cooker, place the onions, mushrooms and garlic at the bottom.
3) Then add the chicken with shallots, marjoram, wine and broth.
4) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
5) Sprinkle with the parsely and serve immediately on individual serving plates.