- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken with Wine Recipe
|Broiler chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped shallots||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled, crushed|
|Onion||6 Medium, peeled|
|Mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound, halved|
|White wine||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|New potatoes||6 , peeled|
Calories 950 Calories from Fat 390
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.5%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g61.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.6 mg
Sodium 1379.1 mg57.5%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.5%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 59 g118.9%
Vitamin A 17.9% Vitamin C 82.9%
Calcium 17% Iron 25.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, sear the chicken pieces in the oil seasoned with salt, pepper and shallots, until brown.
2) In a slow cooker, place the onions, mushrooms and garlic at the bottom.
3) Then add the chicken with shallots, marjoram, wine and broth.
4) Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
5) Sprinkle with the parsely and serve immediately on individual serving plates.