- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken With Walnuts Recipe
|Chicken breasts||12 Ounce, boned skinned|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Root ginger slice||2 , peeled|
|Red chilies||4 , thinly sliced|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Black bean sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||To Taste, cored|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 360 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.3%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.3 mg
Sodium 436.2 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 23 g46.5%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 28.8%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make small cubes out of the chicken meat.
2) In a bowl, place the meat cubes, season with salt.
3) Pour in the egg white.
4) Add 1 tablespoon of corn flour and combine all together.
5) In a wok or heavy frying pan, add oil to heat up.
6) Add the chicken cubes and stir-fry for a few minutes until the meat is no longer pink.
7) Transfer the chicken cubes into a separate plate and keep aside.
8) In the wok, add spring onions, ginger, chillies and walnuts to stir in.
9) Pour in bean sauce.
10) Fold in green pepper and bring back the chicken cubes to the wok. Stir properly.
11) Add the sugar and sherry to stir-fry for about 1 minute.
12) In a small bowl, combine remaining teaspoon of corn flour with 1 tablespoon of cold water.
13) Add the paste to the wok and blend well to make a thick sauce.
14) Serve the preparation hot with rice.